The Sound Archives
Between 1951 and 1971 and resuming in 1990 to the present, most of the concerts at the Association have been recorded. The earliest concerts were recorded on one of the first Ampex tape recorders in Boston by members who were affiliated with MIT. Consisting, as of September 2019, of 579 recordings, the trove has been archived to CD for study at the Association’s Guild Library. A 94-page PDF catalog of the HMA recorded concerts is available HERE.
Click below for some representative samples.
- Roland Hayes: “Have You Seen But A White Lily Grow” 
- Ysaÿe String Quartet: String Quartet No. 2 by Randall Thompson 
- Quodlibet by Gunther Schuller [2001, HMA Commission]
- Serbisches Liederspiel by George Henschel [1913, re-enacted by Ziguener Ensemble in 2003]
- Jesus Maria Sanroma, HMA Annual Dinner